What is Search Engine Optimization
So, the next time you look up something on Google you should realize there is a lot of work behind the results you see.
Search Engine Optimization Process
When Stifel Marcin is tapped to provide search engine optimization for a website our general process follows these steps:
- Keyword Analysis – Stifel Marcin will run an extensive report on potential keyword phrases – sometimes hundreds and hundreds of phrases – depending on the size of your site. We are able to see exactly how many people are searching for a specific phrase. We analyze a variety of potential keywords – singular, plural, with geographical restrictions, etc. We also look at the competition for those phrases.
- Keyword Recommendation – based on our Keyword Analysis we provide clients with a series of target keyword recommendations for their SEO set-up. We evaluate the traffic, competition and relevance and prioritize which phrases offer the best potential return, using a 1-3-star ranking system.
- Keyword Assignment – applies our keyword research and recommendations to your website. Based on our 1-3-star system and each page’s content, we assign a relevant keywords and phrases. More important phrases are assigned to prime real estate – like the home page.
- Code Optimization – using the established keyword assignment we then review the site’s code, changing it to reflect and highlight the keywords and phrases we are targeting. The keywords are incorporated in obvious areas like the title and meta, into background code the user doesn’t see, and into all opportunities that comply with search engine optimization standards.
- Content Optimization – we review the site’s content to be sure we have the right concentration of the keyword phrase. H-tags or headline tags (which are hierarchically emphasized in the eyes of a search engine) and body content are revised to target that page’s assigned keywords and phrases.
- Site Structure – Stifel Marcin builds out the web site’s structure so it is focused on the target keywords and phrases, and to ensure the entire site is working toward optimal visibility by each search engine.
- Social Marketing Tie – when possible we encourage clients to utilize social media platforms for added visibility. Our social marketing services can help businesses set up an engaging profile and maintain an effective social marketing strategy. Sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Google My Business can help show site relevance, which Google weighs more and more favorable in their search engine results. Additionally, posts to those profiles, like videos and links to content, can also help your rank for certain keyword phrases.
Once we have your site set-up properly and fully optimized, we move into ongoing maintenance. We run monthly reports that track movement, activity, landing pages, bounce rates, and more. We look at which pages are successfully ranking for keyword phrases, and which pages we can improve. We continually tweak, modify and update your site until you are ranking number one for those target keywords and phrases.
Some clients think once they achieved a first page, or first place, ranking they no longer need a search optimization plan. This thinking is deadly because there is always a competitor ready to take your place or a shift in customer search habits. When your website goes stale, site code becomes outdated, content becomes old, and your target keywords can change. You open the door to a competing site that is ready to take your spot. Our most successful search engine optimization clients have worked with Stifel Marcin for years. Our SEO work is proven successful, and web leads are the highest source of new sales for our clients.
Search Engine Optimization Quotes
If you’d like us to review your site to discuss the ways we can improve your search engine optimization, or if you’d like information on a web design and SEO package, we’re happy to help. Call us at 860-659-0777 or send an RFQ online through a contact form.